Ramblings from the Cove...

March 2008

By Lars Gren

A Final Update from Bunny Foss

Here is the final note on a remarkable lady whose prayers were answered for she finished well. Just before our Peru trip I called and spoke to her sister. The time prior to that I had talked to Bunny but now she was unable to use the phone and her sister Bea, said that Bunny will understand that you called when I tell her. She responds but just with a word or two. Even in the last days she experienced joy with those around her in the reading of Psalm 121 and was well cared for.

Oh, she had had disappointments and problems. Kicked out of the Congo when the government went awry, single all her life although she had hoped for marriage, three long episodes with cancer stretching over years and as many missionaries find that plans made and desired do not always work out. Through it all Bunny spoke most of how the Lord had blessed her, how she appreciated her friends and family and the desires of others before herself with the overall desire to finish well.

In our stack of mail, on our return from Peru, we found a note from Bunny. Bea said that a few months prior to her death Bunny addressed 300 envelopes, stamped them and affixed Bea return address. They were to be mailed after her funeral with the service brochure included. A note by Bunny began thus:

Dear Family and Friends,

We’ve already said goodbye and I am now in my eternal home—forever with the LORD! With the angels, I exalt and worship Him.

“To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power forever and ever! (Rev. 5:13)

I would like to remind you of His invitation: “Whoever is thirsty, let him come: whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.”(Rev. 22:17)

Your unanswered letters have been piling up since March ’05 and I asked my sister Bea and my friend Carol to prepare this letter for you giving you a few details of my final days and the memorial service.

–Bernice (Bunny)

Our contacts had been mainly through the phone, mail and perhaps six or so visits with the longest one being to see her in Dexter, Maine where she lived in trailer—single wide—home, that had been her parents. She was so pleased with coziness of it and there we were shown the mementos of a life well lived along with touring memory lane along the roads of her childhood and early years prior to the mission field.—mentioned earlier in Ramblings. She was most appreciative for those who happened to have read earlier of her and had prayed and surely prayers were answered.

God bless y'all,

L and E

Return to Previous Page