**Today is our second devotional from the series “In the Classroom.” How blessed we are to have Elisabeth share her teaching and wisdom on the school of faith, prayer, and trust in God. We pray we are receptive students and that we grow in wisdom and love for Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
There is only one classroom in which to learn:
- The work of God
- The will of God
- The trustworthiness of God
- The presence of God
The classroom is where I am now. This is the place appointed by God for my instruction and sanctification—even here:
- where it seems God is doing nothing (He is, in fact, at work in unseen ways);
- where His will seems obscure or frightening (He will surely give me peace at last);
- where He isn’t doing what I want Him to (He is doing something better—preparing bread for me when what I asked was in actual fact a stone; or perhaps He is doing the very thing I prayed for, but in a way incomprehensible to me);
- where He is most absent (yes, even there His promise holds: I will never leave you or forsake you. My faith must seize that written Word regardless of the enemy’s taunt, “You’ve been abandoned”).
**Excerpt originally published in The Music of His Promises, p 156.